All students enrolled at Cabrillo College, Gavilan College, Monterey Peninsula College, or Hartnell College are eligible to become members of ACCESS. Becoming a member of ACCESS involves completing a membership application and mailing it to the ACCESS office. After completing the application process, students become eligible for ACCESS membership benefits.
Characteristics of ACCESS members:
- Educational goal to transfer with a degree in biology or chemistry
- Attend ACCESS Study Sessions and Enrichment Activities
- Agree to participate in student tracking and program evaluation
- Complete FAFSA to determine eligibility for financial aid
Benefits of ACCESS membership:
- An evaluation of your college transcript by a UC Santa Cruz Admissions representative. This will help plan for a smooth transfer to a 4-year university.
- Invitations to attend Lab Tours at UC Santa Cruz
- Members can apply for the ACCESS Summer Research Institute, which includes a $3000 salary and on-campus housing at UCSC (must meet eligibility criteria).
- Members can apply to become paid study supplemental instruction leaders for ACCESS.
- Information on scholarships, internships, and other opportunities for community college students.